IMSI people are selected for their ability to create client value:
- Work within our clients' structures and processes
- Apply diverse project management methods effectively
- Apply technology and deliver information usefully
- Remain objective and focused
Senior consultants have either an engineering or a
computer science degree, an MBA, twelve (12) years in
industry, and ten (10) years as a program / project
manager / IT project leader / software developer / QA
/ Tester / DBA; and have led project management and
IT functions. Consultants are familiar with IT development
Lifecycle processes, PM processes and have the specialized
skills required for the industry.
The median IMSI staff member has a software engineering
degree, eight (8) years in industry, and five (5) years
in IT development or project management.
Because of its reputation, IMSI attracts career-minded people who look for opportunity and growth.
Integrated Management Systems, Inc. (IMSI) has been
providing IT and project management services since 1985. IMSI has helped major industrial and government clients meet project objectives. We have amassed
significant expertise and resources which are applied to new projects.
We work with clients as a partner to satisfy their requirements in a efficient and cost
effective manner. We provide all levels of services from staffing to building solutions,
training, and providing outsourced / offshore services.
IMSI has participated on major projects with product and service leaders. A partial list of our clients is shown below.
- Akzo Coating Company
- American Sunroof
- Ann Arbor Computer
- Arizona Dept. of Transportation
- Arvin Meritor
- Bechtel Corporation
- Blue Cross / Blue Shield
- Calsonic Corporation
- CMS Energy (Consumers Power Company)
- DTE Energy (Detroit Edison)
- Electronic Data Systems
- Federal APD
- Flextronics Enclosure Systems
- Ford Motor Company
- General Motors Corporation
- Giffels Associates
- Graco Corporation
- Henry Ford Health Systems
- Johnson Controls
- Kaiser Permanente
- Lear Corporation
- Lenawee Stamping Corporation
- Magna International
- Merrill Lynch
- Modern Engineering
- Pfizer (Warner Lambert/ Parke-Davis)
- Public Service of Colorado
- Rouge Steel Company
- St. John's Hospital
- State of Michigan
- The Budd Company
- University of Michigan Hospital
- Vehma International
- Volvo (Mack Truck)
Each client benefits from the knowledge accumulated
from past IMSI projects. While client information remains
confidential, lessons on what PM processes, methods,
and tools worked best are captured and applied to future projects.
How is knowledge captured and applied?
- IMSI maintains subject matter experts who are available to all projects.
- IMSI's Quality Manager periodically reviews all
projects for effective use of new processes, methods,
- IMSI maintains a library of industry reference materials and makes this available to consultants and clients.
- IMSI continuously enhances its systems and tools based on feedback from project teams.
These in turn are used on future projects.
- IMSI continuously trains employees to maintain complete, current skills related to the above.
IMSI teams are well prepared to perform how and when required. They increase clients' ability to
respond quickly to changing project requirements.
IMSI is committed to performance and value. IMSI services are designed and delivered to:
- Remain focused on project success
- Optimize use of its people, processes, and systems on client projects
- Reduce the cost of quality professional services
IMSI maintains partnerships with firms that add value to its clients:
- PM Systems Vendors, CRM vendors
- Resource partners for Oracle applications / SAP / ERP Application / Data warehousing
- Microsoft (.net) Development
- IT companies with solutions expertise
- Global IT resource companies who are able to work from IMSI's BPO/Outsource Centers.
- First tier companies such as Allegis, Covisint, MSX, Aerotek